Servicing Operations Lead
Responsible for all assigned servicing reviews as well as oversight of quality control, training and staff management within the servicing department. Work with Deal Managers, QC Leads, Operations and Management staff to deliver the best quality deliverables to Opus’ clients. Participate and assist in client assessments and loan level reviews as required across all functional areas of mortgage loan servicing. In addition, assist or lead in the development and execution of testing protocols, procedures, system platforms and reporting as required.
Also responsible for:
• Implementing and acting in accordance with Opus’ Information Security and Regulatory Compliance policies and procedures.
• Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modifications, destruction, and interference.
• Reporting security events or potential threats or other security risks to Opus’ Information Protection Committee.
- Participate in client assessments and loan reviews as required across all functional areas of mortgage loan servicing.
- Assist in the development of well-defined written test plans and test scripts, execute tests, and identify defects.
- Implement customization of loan level review materials as needed, based on investor guidelines to include FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA (FHA/VA), privates, etc.
- Recommend and initiate process improvements; e.g. system changes, reporting improvements, process flows, guidelines, checklists, tools, etc.
- Ability to listen to and assimilate large amounts of information and propose follow-up questions based on the discussion.
- Define/Develop the necessary reporting tools to support the evaluation and analysis of Underwriting Operations.
- Other duties as required or assigned by the Director of Operations.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong working knowledge of mortgage loan servicing, including but not limited to loss mitigation, foreclosure, bankruptcy, escrow, customer service, investor accounting, loan administration, FHA/VA servicing and special loans.
- Intermediate to high knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other mortgage servicing regulations.
- Basic servicing platform knowledge (MSP, Fiserv, etc.)
- Basic wrap system platform knowledge (Desktop, iClear, Pacer, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Strong mathematic, analytic and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and a quick learner.
- Ability to interpret contracts in order to quickly identify compliance issues.
- Ability to travel as needed
- General mortgage servicing background.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree, or coursework equivalent
- 7-10 years mortgage servicing or banking experience
- Experience interacting with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong motivational work style with desire to exceed expectations and work within deadline driven environment
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Team player
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to reconcile priorities and meet deadlines
- Adaptable to change
- Use of discretion and confidentiality
- Division/Department: Servicing
- Job Title: Servicing Operations Manager
- Location: Lincolnshire, IL; Brookfield, WI; or Jacksonville, FL
- Type of Position: Full-Time
- Reports to: Director of Operations
- Hours: 40/week minimum + | Overtime as Necessary