Director of Business Development
• 15+ years in the mortgage, due diligence and/or financial services environment
• Demonstrated successful sales experience
• Strong negotiation skills
• Familiar with systems and technology
• Compliance, QC and Underwriting knowledge
Travel: 50%+ Travel to clients and Opus locations nationwide
• Set up introductory meetings with new clients, coordinate Opus CMC & Wipro management to attend meetings, assist with/conduct sales presentations and
send proposals as appropriate.
• Achieve or exceed annual client revenue targets from a combination of new and existing accounts while ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions
are executed within compliance of all company and client requirements and guidelines.
• Coordinate follow-up meetings with existing Opus CMC and Wipro staff to understand client specific requests or needs, contract management, scope of work,
pricing proposals and ultimately ensure smooth on-boarding journey for all new clients or transactions.
• Lead the sourcing, managing and implementation of new business opportunities.
• Complete competitor and market analysis.
• Develop and manage an accurate budget (*Including estimate vs. actual) report of expenses, time and travel activities.
• Create and execute against a business development plan for the year.
• Assess and communicate sales “forecast” and participate in BD and pipeline review calls.
• Provide significant sales and marketing and/or industry business acumen and thought leadership through new client pursuits and billable client engagements.
• Collaborate with operations and other associates to develop a thorough account strategy complete with roadmaps, tactics and realistic goals.
• Assist in designing business development related activities (i.e. client appreciation and industry events, weekly/bi-weekly team calls, etc.).
• Work with client to develop and/or change scope of review.
• Work with Opus and/or Wipro IT staff as needed, to develop and test new scopes.
• Implementing and acting in accordance with Opus CMC and Wipro’s Information Protection policies and procedures.
• Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, and interference.
• Reporting security events or potential threats or other security risks to Opus CMC’s and Wipro’s Information Protection Committee.
Maintain Client Relationships
• Coordinate quarterly on-site visits of existing clients on and as needed basis.
• Communicate with senior management, operations manager and deal manager all clients needs, satisfaction and/or operational issues.
• Establish a process to have coordinated calls with Operations on an ongoing basis to discuss activity, opportunities, issues and/or concerns.
• Assess and develop new market initiatives and analyze business opportunities.
• Develop proposals for new business opportunities.
• Attend industry conferences to promote Opus CMC’s and Wipro’s DO&P business development and technical expertise.
• Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies
• Identify new ways to promote Opus CMC and the Wipro family of companies.
• Wall Street experience related to how deals are structured and due diligence is used.
• Prior experience selling professional services is required.
• Prior experience in sales leadership roles is preferred.
• Proven network of sales leaders and other executives.
• Extensive knowledge of sales enablement.
• Versatility to work across industry verticals.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the propensity to be professionally direct (able to be direct when necessary, influence, persuade, and motivate others).
• Demonstrated organizational and writing skills to develop and execute formal proposals and statements-of-work, client deliverables, and internal content.
• High level of personal integrity.
• Proficiency-Level skill in the use of MS Office tools: PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
• Ability to travel 50%+ of the time.
Education and Skill Requirements
• Bachelor Degree, or work equivalent.
• 15 years mortgage, servicing or banking experience.
• Experience interacting with clients,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong motivational work style with desire to exceed expectations and work within deadline driven environment.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
• Team player.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to reconcile priorities and meet deadlines.
• Adaptable to change.
• Use of discretion and confidentiality.
• Division/Department: Business Development/Sales
• Job Title: Director of Business Development
• Location: Nationwide, US
• Type of Position: Full-Time
• Reports to: Executive Managing Director, Business Unit Head
• Hours: 40/week minimum+ | Overtime as Necessary