Mortgage Servicer/ Sub-Servicer Operational Assessment and Loan Level Review
Key Benefit that Client Derived: Reliable and timely results of onsite servicer assessment with attributable actionable findings to increase default management efficiency and effectiveness.
In our continually evolving regulatory atmosphere surrounding mortgage servicing, investors/owners are more interested than ever in the ability of their selected business partners to properly administer the servicing functions for their mortgage loan or MSR portfolios. Opus CMC provides expertise in assessing the servicer’s capabilities to operate within the constraints of your Service Level Agreements (SLA) and the ever-changing servicing environment.
A division within a top five (5) U.S. bank client.
- Completed operational assessment of the servicing operations through utilization of a servicer assessment tool and onsite review
- Completed loan level mortgage servicing reviews in eight designated areas as determined by the client to test for compliance with prudent servicing practices
- Identified areas of potential operational risk relating to the servicing of the mortgage loan portfolio for the investor/owner
- Assisted in the enhancement of the investor’s relationship with their selected business partner a nd mo rtgage l oan sub -servicer
- Our client’s increased confidence in their selected business partner’s ability to properly manage their loan portfolio
- Identified potential areas of operational risk within the servicer’s shop
- Satisfied the investor’s requirement to complete periodic servicer reviews
- Completed side-by-side servicing review of mortgage loans within areas of the client’s focus
- Presented areas of potential operational risk to the servicer for review and remediation
- Presented loan level findings to the servicer for correction and remediation action plans